Yamaha YZF R6 New 2009 Design Price features in India
The Yamaha YZF-R6 is packed with advanced engine and chassis technology from our World Championship race programmes, allowing you to take your riding excitement to the next level. What makes the R6 so special is that it is designed to enhance the man-machine connection, enabling you to exploit your riding skills to the full.YZF-R6 – Catch the extremeAs you would expect from one of the most advanced 600 supersport bikes, the R6 comes with the very latest track-developed electronics.Price $9990 (5,00000 in Indian Rupees)Approx
Our YCC-T chip-controlled ‘fly-by-wire’ throttle delivers the ultimate acceleration, while Yamaha’s unique YCC-I electronically-controlled variable intake funnels make for higher levels of power and stronger torque. The race-developed Deltabox chassis ensures razor-sharp handling on the road and track – and the radical aerodynamic bodywork benefits from a low frontal area for awesome acceleration and top end speed.
• Light, powerful and bristling with knowledge gained from years of racing, the YZF-R6 is the most advanced production 600cc motorcycle Yamaha – or anybody else – has ever built.
• The YZF-R6 was the ﬁrst production motorcycle with a ﬂy-by-wire throttle system for ﬂawless response under all conditions.
• YCC-I, Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake, is used on the R6 to vary intake tract length for excellent cylinder filling and a broader powerband. On the higher revving R6, its benefits are even more pronounced.
• Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed.
• The YZF-R6 achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 40 mpg** with a fuel tank that holds 4.6 gallons of gas.
New for 2009:
• The Engine Control Unit (ECU) has remapped YCC-T settings to optimize power output in each gear, to achieve smooth, linear power delivery out of the turn, with excellent overall drivability.
• Compact, lightweight 67 x 42.5mm 599cc DOHC 16-valve liquid-cooled titanium-valved four-cylinder has a compression ratio of 13.1:1, for great response. Domed pistons with valve cutouts produce a compact combustion chamber.
• Fuel injection mapping for the YCC-T—Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle dual-injector system complements the high compression ratio for great throttle response and reduced engine braking.
• YCC-I—Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake electronically varies intake funnel length for an amazinglyf broad, smooth powerband.
• A magnesium subframe removes weight from the rear of the motorcycle for increased mass centralization.
• Fork height adjustability and rear ride-height adjustment accommodates a great range of riders and tires.
• YCC-T uses a powerful ECU and multiple sensors to provide perfect, smooth engine response and optimal power whenever the throttle is twisted under all conditions.
• Twin-injector fuel injection: shower-type injectors above each intake funnel help achieve optimum fuel atomization at high rpm.
• Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking and downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
• GP-style titanium muffler contributes to mass centralization and contains EXUP® for a broad powerband, spot-on injection and emissions compliance.
• Linerless, direct-plated ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
• Cool magnesium valve and engine covers are light and stylish.
• Direct-ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and high-output magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
• Deltabox aluminum frame incorporates GP thinking in terms of engine positioning and rigidity for the ultimate in 600-class handling.
• A die-cast swingarm pivots high in the frame, for increased antisquat effect and mid-corner stability. TZ-type chain adjusters ease rear tire changes.
• Four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) inverted fork with 41mm tubes increases freedom in setting up for street or track use; soak up the bumps and resist bottoming when braking.
• Four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
• Dual 310mm front disc brakes use forged one-piece radial-mount calipers and radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever for astounding braking power and feel.
• The casting technique for the five-spoke 17-inch wheels makes the rims light and strong, not to mention wickedly cool-looking.
• Built-in lap timer is controlled by a right handlebar switch.
• Multifunction digital and analog instrumentation features: programmable shift light, digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual tripmeters with miles-on-reserve function, odometer, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals.
|Type||599cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 titanium valves|
|Bore x Stroke||67.0 x 42.5mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||6-speed w/multi-plate slipper clutch|
|Suspension/Front||41mm inverted fork; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in travel|
|Suspension/Rear||Single shock; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in travel|
|Brakes/Front||Dual 310mm floating disc; radial-mount 4-piston calipers|
|Brakes/Rear||220mm disc; single-piston caliper|
|Seat Height||33.5 in|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||24°|
|Oil Capacity (with oil filter change)||3.6 qt|
|Fuel Capacity||4.6 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||40 mpg|
|Wet Weight||414 lb|
|Main Jet||Not Applicable|
|Main Air Jet||Not Applicable|
|Jet Needle||Not Applicable|
|Needle Jet||Not Applicable|
|Pilot Air Jet 1||Not Applicable|
|Pilot Outlet||Not Applicable|
|Pilot Jet||Not Applicable|
|Primary Reduction Ratio||85/41 (2.073)|
|Secondary Reduction Ratio||45/16 (2.813)|
|Gear Ratio – 1st Gear||31/12 (2.583)|
|Gear Ratio – 2nd Gear||32/16 (2.000)|
|Gear Ratio – 3rd Gear||30/18 (1.667)|
|Gear Ratio – 4th Gear||26/18 (1.444)|
|Gear Ratio – 5th Gear||27/21 (1.286)|
|Gear Ratio – 6th Gear||23/20 (1.150)|
1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
$ 9,990 Approx (Rs 5,00,000)